Availability is subject to weather conditions, scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance, and reservations. Telescopes are offered on a first come first served basis. CHILESCOPE makes every effort make telescope systems available however from time to time we may have to take telescope systems down for servicing. CHILESCOPE can not guarantee our service will be 100% available and fault free, due to the technical nature of the remote operation. Progress updates are normally posted on the WEB site and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/chilescope
The operator will prepare observatory for planned session.
- ventilate the dome during 3-4 hours before session
- ventilate the mirror of 1m RC telescope
- switch the power of all equipment
- open the dome
- synchronize the dome with telescope
- slew to the object, centre in FOV
- focus approximately
- Customer login to the observatory PC and is ready to operate with planetary camera, filter wheel and focuser
- After the session we will transfer data to our processing PC. Usually it takes about 4 hours from the end of session. You should be informed regarding log/pass of processing PC. We kindly ask you to finish with processing within 24 hours. Minimum session time is 1 hour.